Thursday, September 17, 2009

Football and economics

Two things have been on my mind. One: the G-20 summit, which descends on Pittsburgh next week, and two: the sad state of the Chicago Bears, brought on by the recent beginning of the football season.
I am not a football fan. I do, though, shamefully, root for the Bears, I think mostly out of nostalgia. There's a faint hope at the beginning of every season that they might do something awesome. I remember clearly the Bears Super bowl win in '85 and the ensuing mania that evoked, which included the really amazing production of the 'Superbowl Shuffle'. It hasn't quite held up...For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6AAgZGaPs. I love how these huge guys look so uncomfortable and anti-rhythmic on stage.
Interestingly, this has created a small amount of conflict in the trio, as Amanda is a Packers fan and Beth follows the Eagles. ahh Fall.

As for the G-20: It descends on Pittsburgh next week, and it is a nightmare. So many important people in one place makes for real difficulty in getting the city to function as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment